29.9.11

Fried Eggs Ball



Nir Adar is a food stylist and artist based in New York.

"My art work derives from my curiosity and passion for food, food not just as a matter of filling stomachs and satisfying hunger but food as a medium that can convey humor and erotica. The food balls series, for example, is a part of an on going exploration of my favorite theme, Playing with food. I believe in the importance of compositions before colors and a shape like a sphere is already a perfect composition. That allows me to use the empty space for a creation of piece made from the food I love, not on plate. There is an interesting dynamic as we explore the image, it first pleases the eye (similar to how we react when a plate of food is served), the second reaction is usually a smile. This is the important moment when we all realize we can actually play with our foods."
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment