20.3.09

Tossed salads and Scrambled Eggs


My favorite sitcoms of all times was definitely Frasier.
Dr. Frasier Crane left the friendly ambience of Boston's Cheers and established himself in a new live in Seattle, as a radio psychiatrist.
After 9 seasons in Cheers and another 11 in Frasier, Dr. Frasier Krane, played by actor Kelsey Grammer, became the longest-running character on prime-time American television.
What does all this have to do with eggs? Well, the iconic theme song, of course:

Hey baby, I hear the blues a-callin'. Tossed salad and scrambled eggs
Oh My! Mercy! (alt: Quite stylish.)

And maybe I seem a bit confused, yeah maybe, but I got you pegged!
Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha!
But I don’t know what to do with those tossed salads and scrambled eggs.
They’re callin’ again.

(The following are the various alternate endings)

They’re callin’ again.
Good night, Seattle, we love you!
What is a boy to do. Good night.
Frasier has left the building.
Thank You!
Scrambled eggs all over my face. What is a boy to do. Good night, everybody.
See you next year, we love ya.


Listen here.

If you cannot makeout the meaning of the song, here is some help.

For more things Frasier.

No comments:

Post a Comment