8.3.09

How Can You Mend A Broken Egg

How Can You Mend A Broken Egg
(How Can You Mend A Broken Heart - Bee Gees)

I can think of younger days
When searching for a chick
I'd set down certain qualities required
So beautiful with glowing cheeks a rosy red
But a feeling prompted me to have eggs instead
Ehhhhh.....

How can you mend a broken egg
It won't be easy, I can see
How can you halt coagulation
I guess the yolk's on me

I remember lovers past
Some slow and some were fast
But no one holds a candle to him
Now I'm a bird who's led a life of thrills galore
But I've never had a chance to lay an egg before
Ehhhhh.....

How can you mend this shell of a man
All the king's horses and his men
Can't help me mend this broken egg
And let him live again.
Da da da da da...


The FASS Theatre Company - 1988 Songs

No comments:

Post a Comment